It’s an exciting time of year, with the holidays just around the corner. Only 3 weeks until all the gifts are moved into the Christmas House “store,” unpacked and organized. The first shoppers arrive Friday, December 2. Can you lend a hand?
Many of you have signed up to help at Christmas House this November and December but we are in need of more volunteers to help on many of the days. Please consider signing up to help with move-in, set-up, store shifts and move-out and pass the word to friends, family, church members, high school coaches, students, neighbors, coworkers, etc.
Our web site conveniently indicates how many volunteers are still needed for each volunteer opportunity when you click the REGISTER choice in the left sidebar. Visit www.christmas-house.org and choose VOLUNTEER to see all the details. Here’s what’s needed to get the season started, plus there are many more dates available after these.
· Fri, Nov. 25, 2011 – Move-in | 1pm – 5pm | Need 5 more helpers able to lay out the tarps, set up the divider poles, haul in the “fixtures, etc.
· Sat, Nov. 26, 2011 – Move-in | 9am – 3pm | Need 33 more helpers, age 12+ to move boxes, boxes and more boxes
· Sun, Nov. 27, 2011 – Set-up | 9am – 2pm | Need 31 more helpers, age 16+ to unpack and start setting up the “store” area
· Mon, Nov. 28, 2011 – Set-up | 9am – 3pm | Need 12 more helpers, age 16+
· Tue, Nov. 29, 2011 – Set-up | 9am – 3pm | Need 9 more helpers, age 16+
· Wed, Nov. 30, 2011 – Set-up | 9am – 3pm | Need 3 more helpers, age 16+
· Fri, Dec. 2, 2011 | 1st Store shift | 8am – 2:30pm | Need 31 more helpers, age 16+
Please remember that students under age 16 are not allowed at Christmas House except for move-in Saturday and then the minimum age is 12. Student groups need one adult/parent/teacher volunteering in their group for every 5 students. All groups are also limited to a maximum of 25 members for any one shift. Volunteers must complete an entire shift when working while the “store” is open to shoppers (no “splitting shifts”).
We will be providing a light meal and beverages during “move-in” Saturday and “store” shifts. If you know of any restaurant or caterer that might be interested in helping provide a lunch for 60 people, please let us know. We still have a number of shifts where we need help.